[U-Boot] Most ARM CPU's have buggy clear_bss?

Alexander Holler holler at ahsoftware.de
Thu Oct 28 11:03:48 CEST 2010

Hello,

Am 27.10.2010 09:26, schrieb Darius Augulis:

 > the code for clearing bss section for most ARM cores looks like this
 > or very similar:

... [some code from start.S]

Currently I'm analyzing the same problem (on a kirkwood based hw). It
turns out not to be a problem of clear_bss, but a problem of the
relocation code. I'm having a problem using gcc 4.3.4 or gcc 4.5.1 along
with binutils 2.20.1 and it seems that some stuff is not relocated. It
looks like the BSS before relocation is used (e.g. for nand_chip in
drivers/mtd/nand.c), but the BSS after relocation might be cleared (in
start.S).

I assume it's because of some fixups start.S doesn't know about. But I
don't know anything about those fixups, and have to read. So I still
have no solution.

Just as a pointer.

Regards,

Alexander