[U-Boot] 2010.09-rc1 SD/MMC tested on Atmel AT91SAM9G45EKES - works

Reinhard Meyer reinhard.meyer at emk-elektronik.de
Sun Sep 12 09:00:36 CEST 2010

  Dear William C. Landolina,

> Reinhard - FYI, your 2010.09-rc1 SD/MMC patches work on an Atmel 9G45 evaluation kit.  I customized the board and configuration files following the directions in README.atmel_mci and everything works as expected.  I included the console output from a test boot below in case there is some information in the debugging messages that is of interest.

Thank you!

> UB-X1> mmcinfo
>
> mci: setting clock 260416 Hz, block size 512
>
> mci: setting clock 260416 Hz, block size 512
>
> mci: setting clock 260416 Hz, block size 512
>
> gen_atmel_mci: CMDR 00001048 ( 8) ARGR 000001aa (SR: 0c100025) Command Failed

Seems the card does not understand the CMD8 (Voltage supplied)

> mci: setting clock 260416 Hz, block size 512
>
> mci: setting clock 22222222 Hz, block size 512

The function that sets clock and blocksize is repeatedly called by the common MMC
framework, one might want to make that output debug only. Fot the time being, however,
its good to see that the calculated clock is less than what the card can handle.
What clocks does you system use? Xtal/PLL/PBI?

Reinhard