[U-Boot] RAM memory verification on boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 15 15:17:31 CEST 2010

Dear ethan paddloch,

In message <949874.43970.qm at web120217.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I am currently using u-boot version 1.1.6 on a powerpc embedded device whic
> h have increased from 64Mbyte RAM memory to 128Mbye size length.
> The problem is that my device does not recognize the 128Mbyte keeping the o
> riginal 64Mbyte length.
> Does anyone know how to let u-boot and the linux bsp to recognize the new m
> emory length?

It seems your port does not initialize the RAM correctly. The
recommended approach is to use get_ram_size() to automatically adjust
to the actual RAM memory size on the system.

Note that U-Boot 1.1.6 is more than 4.5 years old. An update to the
recent version is *strongly* recommended.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"In matrimony, to hesitate is sometimes to be saved."        - Butler