[U-Boot] Sequoia board and U-boot

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Sep 28 10:22:38 CEST 2010

Hi Sergio,

On Tuesday 28 September 2010 10:10:52 Sergio Navarrez wrote:
> I’m working with AMCC Sequioa board. Nor and Nand memories was erased, and
> I’m trying to program the Nand flash with the last u-boot version via
> debugger. I followed the respective steps from your manual and compiled
> u-boot with ELDK. But u-boot doesn’t work.
>
> What can I do, to solve this problem?

You can only program NOR flash via the JTAG debugger. At least the
BDI2000/3000 doesn't support NAND flash programming. So you either need to
program U-Boot into NOR flash (target sequoia) or use the RAM booting Sequoia
image (target sequoia_ramboot). And then use U-Boot itself to program the NAND
booting image (target sequoia_nand) into NAND.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de