[U-Boot] y-modem protocol issue

Angelo Dureghello angelo70 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:55:54 CEST 2011

Hello Stefano,

i apologize, you posted a detail i lost reading the spec.
I can successfully transfert a file to my board, no problem on this.

Anyway, i am implementing a "sender" side sw, i am quite sure i am losing some other details, but if you want to check, i noticed these possible issues:

1.
(SPEC)
Modification Date The mod date is optional, and the filename and length
may be sent without requiring the mod date to be sent.
Iff the modification date is sent, a single space separates the
modification date from the file length.

You seems always be looking for the space, but if the file size only is sent
(rest of the block must be set to NUL), seems you cannot read the value.

2.
Could you use the file size to ACK and close the transfert immediately after all
the file has been received, so that 2 subsequent EOT from the sender are not requested ?

3.
Anyway, looking this sequence for a single Y_Modem file transmission,+
i don't understand why u-boot never sends the "NAK" on first EOT,
but sends an ACK.

              SENDER                                  RECEIVER
                                                      "sb foo.*"
              "sending in batch mode etc."
                                                      C (command:rb)
              SOH 00 FF foo.c NUL[123] CRC CRC