[U-Boot] Urgent : Regd. Cortex A9 quad core versatile express ca9x4_ct_vxp support in U-Boot..

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Sun Aug 21 09:03:43 CEST 2011

(sorry Sandeep for the double mail; I guess that's what I get by
answering e-mail before the morning coffee starts having an effect.)

Le 21/08/2011 08:37, Sandeep Kumar a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to use U-Boot for cortex A9 quad core versatile express board. I saw that the support is already added
> for that board but i am not able to find out the DDR initialization code
> anywhere before using the stack. In fact i didn't find the DDR
> initialization code anywhere for this board. This board also comes along
> with a CLCD (color LCD) controller which is also not initialized
> anywhere for this board. Is the support for this board is tested as
> without initializing the DDR how the code relocation and execution from
> DDR is possible.
>
> Any kind of pointers will be very helpful.

There was no need to repeat your message at such a short interval of two
days.

As for your board, did you try U-Boot with it or did you just look for
code? This is not clear from what you write.

Also, did you think of asking the official board maintainer as
identified from the MAINTAINERS file at the root of the U-Boot code base?

I personally do not know the board or the vexpress, but it might well be
that DDR configuration is done through a configuration block added by
mkimage -- at least, I can see that mkimage is built by a ./MAKEALL
ca9x4_ct_vxp.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.