[U-Boot] Bootm command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 30 14:54:17 CEST 2011

Dear smitha.vanga at wipro.com,

In message <07ACDFB8ECA8EF47863A613BC01BBB22036635C6 at HYD-MKD-MBX02.wipro.com> you wrote:

> I didn't understand what you mean to say. Actually I have built a cramfs
> image and programmed the file system at the location 0xfe340000(this is
> flash address where it is programmed) in the flash .
> I loaded uImage kernel image at 0x1000000 this is my ram area address. I
> have loaded .dtb at 0x2000000
> In ram. I have set my bootargs as

The bootm command expects as second argument the address of a U-Boot
image containing a ramdisk.  A U-Boot image gets created using the
"mkimage" command and is something fundamentally different from a file
system image (it can contain such a filesystem image as payload,
though - but this is obviously not what you want to do here).

I think you should define proper MTD partitions on your flash and
provide a proper /dwev/mtdblock? as root device to your Linux kernel.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Obviously, a major malfunction has occurred."
              -- Steve Nesbitt, voice of Mission Control, January 28,
                 1986, as the shuttle Challenger exploded within view
                 of the grandstands.