[U-Boot] Debugging u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 30 16:13:09 CEST 2011

Dear Mirko Banchi,

In message <857D4443-39B6-43B0-B269-BB6CE7C9AC4E at gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Could you please explain which information you consider missing in
> > these sections of the manual?
> >
> > 10.1. Debugging of U-Boot
> >
> >    10.1.1. Debugging of U-Boot Before Relocation
> >    10.1.2. Debugging of U-Boot After Relocation
>
> In those sections of the manual there is explained only how to specify
> the remote target for gdb and the steps for debugging when the BDI is
> already configured. From those documents i think is not clear how to
> configure the environment  for bdi. Maybe a note about the existence of
> Abatron manual could be useful.

You mean you did not find the manual when unpacking your BDI3000?

Strange.

Sorry, but no, I don't think adding information on this level would be
appropriate here.  The DULG deals with U-Boot and Linux; configuration
of your JTAG debugger is a different topic which gets covered by the
manuals of your debugger's provider.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If I had to live my life again,  I'd  make  the  same  mistakes, only
sooner.                                          -- Tallulah Bankhead