[U-Boot] having trouble booting a simple kernel on a TQM860 board

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Dec 3 01:23:10 CET 2011

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear Robert,
>
> In message <alpine.DEB.2.02.1112021750480.27686 at oneiric> you wrote:
> >
> >   i'm using the 2.6.37 kernel for both and while the lite5200s
> > have a fairly new version of u-boot (2010.12), the TQMs have an
> > ancient version (0.4.0, possibly slightly newer), and i have no
> > freedom to update those so don't even make the suggestion.  i just
> > have to live with that.
>
> What you say boils down to: Please help me, but don't mention the
> solution, because I'm not going to do that.  In short, it's stupid.
> You are wasting your time, and ours.
>
> In the first step, please update your U-Boot.  0.4.0 has no support
> for device tree.

  as i already mentioned in an earlier e-mail, these are not my boards
and i have no authority to do that.  so i am *necessarily* restricted
to trying to do this with u-boot 0.4.0, and that's just the way it is.
sometimes, you just have to work with what you're given, wolfgang.
sorry if that cramps your style.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca