[U-Boot] undefined reference to `abort'

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 5 20:56:01 CET 2011

Dear "Shadid, Bill",

In message <E7F97B349C2A6843B718B2DDF2F9A8F016941C02 at EMAIL.corp.neptec.com> you wrote:

> It was suggested that I should migrate to a newer version of u-boot to resolve the issue.
>
> I downloaded and compiled with u-boot-2011.03-rc and the compiler reported the same errors.

Would you please be so kind and explain why you decided to consider
this "a newer version"?

ANd why you, for example, did not use v2011.09, or later code?

> We thought that maybe the rc release was not the best choice so we tried the port with u-boot 1.3.1. and again, got the same compile errors.

v1.3.1 is more than 4 years old.

Please update, and use _recent_ code, i. e. at least v2011.09, or
later.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying."
- Nikita Khrushchev