[U-Boot] U-boot 1.1.3 and ADS Graphics Client Plus (No Ethernet)

Ronni Hømpler ds at edesigns.dk
Sun Feb 6 21:27:42 CET 2011

Hey.

First off im sorry if this ends up the wrong place.

I have been trying for the last 4 days to get u-boot to work on my old ADS board, but without any luck. u-boot is flashed to the board, and does start up, my env looks like this:

ADS GCPlus # printenv
bootdelay=3
baudrate=38400
autoload=n
ethaddr=00:60:0C:00:16:7A
gatewayip=192.168.0.25
netmask=255.255.255.0
ipaddr=192.168.0.205
loadkernel=tftp c0000000 uImage
loadramdisk=tftp c0800000 ramdisk.gz
serverip=192.168.0.25
hostname=arm
bootfile=uImage
bootcmd=tftp;bootm
bootargs=console=ttySA0 mem=16m at 0xc0000000 rw root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.20:/nfs nfsaddrs=192.168.0.205:192.168.0.20:192.168.0.254:255.255.255.255.0: noinitrd
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial

It should be correct, but i can't get the ethernet to work, no matter what i try, it just times out and start spitting errors, something with ARP Request timed out, i can get the correct error if necessary.

The server is tested, and working perfect, so is the cable, and the ethernet card on the ADS board also works fine when linux is first booted, but not in the u-boot loader.

What have i missed here, hoping for help.

U-Boot was configured with make gcplus_config and then make all

Regards
Ronni

Ps, Sorry for my bad english.