[U-Boot] U-boot 1.1.3 and ADS Graphics Client Plus (No Ethernet)

Ronni Hømpler ds at edesigns.dk
Mon Feb 7 23:26:10 CET 2011

Hi.

I tried to recompile my toolchain to a newer set, but so far no luck, no matter what i try any of the newer U-Boot versions won't compile.

Regarding the old 1.1.3 version im using right now, when trying to get a dhcp address, it keeps saying:
Warning: MAC addresses don't match:
        HW MAC address:  04:01:0E:10:00:40
        "ethaddr" value: 00:60:0C:00:16:7A
Using MAC Address 00:60:0C:00:16:7A

But i know that the 00:60:0C:00:16:7A is the correct one.

This is what does happen when trying to dhcp:
ADS GCPlus # dhcp

Warning: MAC addresses don't match:
        HW MAC address:  04:01:0E:10:00:40
        "ethaddr" value: 00:60:0C:00:16:7A
Using MAC Address 00:60:0C:00:16:7A
BOOTP broadcast 1

And then after 30 seconds or so, it starts with:
ARP Retry count exceeded; starting again

ARP Retry count exceeded; starting again

ARP Retry count exceeded; starting again

ARP Retry count exceeded; starting again

And so on.

Im beginning to think the problem maybe is in the bootloader, i don't remember how i get it flashed to the board in the beginning.

The zImage is around 90 kb, so its not the full kernel image.

I just know that the file i'm flashing is called zImage and does contain u-boot, but how i made that zImage, i have no idea, can anybody shed some light on that maybe ?

Regards
Ronni