[U-Boot] net/eth.c drivers/net/rtl8019.c eth_xxx function name dunplication

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Jan 4 11:20:22 CET 2011

On 01/04/2011 08:55 AM, qq wrote:

> These words show me that net/eth.c has "eth_send" and drivers/net/rtl8019.c
> also has "eth_send" function as the same name.
> My board use RTL8019AS ethernet controller,s3c44b0 CPU.
> i couldn`t figure out what is wrong with the code and how to fix it,Thanks a
> lot for any suggestion

It seems to me that the rtl8019 driver was never updated according to
the eth_device stucture (I think it was the introduction of
CONFIG_NET_MULTI).

Network drivers must not expose global functions, and instead of that
they must set their callbacks in a struct eth_device and register itself
with eth_register().

Anyway, I do not find any board in actual u-boot code using this driver.
It seems to me like dead code...

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de