[U-Boot] "b reset" does not work in u-boot_v2010.12-rc3 with eldk4.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 7 10:44:31 CET 2011

Dear "MrGates",

In message <89E1F23FA74D47E7B01BE455B231E303 at MrGates> you wrote:

> (gdb) step
> _start () at start.S:41
> 41      in start.S
> _start () at start.S:47
> 47      in start.S
> (gdb)
> reset () at start.S:108
> 108     in start.S
> reset () at start.S:124
> 124     in start.S
> (gdb)
> call_board_init_f () at start.S:129
> 129     in start.S

> These indicate that in start.S,first instruction:b reset not jump success

What do you mean by that statement?

> The process just go from one instruction to the next.

You are running series of "step" commands - you are asking the
debugger to "go from one instruction to the next", and this is what it
does.  What else would you expect?

> What may be the problem?any suggestions is appreciate.

Where exactly do you see a problem?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Don't tell me how hard you work.  Tell me how much you get done.
                                                     -- James J. Ling