[U-Boot] NAND: mxc_nand reads/writes only first 512 bytes of each page

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Sun Jan 9 15:30:40 CET 2011

Hi,

My target is a mx35 board (not yet in mainline). According to the manual
and checking the register set and their functionality, the MX.35 has the
same nand controller as the i.MX25 processor (MXC_NFC_V1_1 in the
mxc_nand driver). Probably there is the same issue with the i.MX25, too.

The storage is a Samsung 2GiB (8-bit), 2KB page, sector size 256KiB, and
CONFIG_SYS_NAND_LARGEPAGE is set.

The flash is recognized correctly. However, after reading/writing, only
the first 512 bytes of each page are correct. The rest is filled with
random bytes. Under Linux (2.6.37) everything works flawlessy, however
the driver in Linux is quite different as what we have in u-boot, and
this makes a comparison quite difficult. Any hint how can I better
investigate this issue ?

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de