[U-Boot] printf in u-boot cannot support %f

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 11 14:59:10 CET 2011

Dear "ITechnology",

In message <201101112113066880790 at 126.com> you wrote:

> The codes below:
>   	double result1 =  3.14;
> 	printf("result1:%f\n", result1);// error
>   turn out:
> 	result1:%f

Yes, this is to be expected.

>     How can I  get the correct result? Thanks a lot!

Youcannot. We do not use nor support any FP operations in U-Boot.

>     I wan to a little more complex program in standalone mode in u-boot. Is it possilbe to port g-libc to u-boot standalone mode?

Everything is possible, assuming you throw enough manpower at it.

The real question however is if this makes sense. Usually, in such
situations it does not. You might find it more efficient to boot into
some OS instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
NOTE: The  Most  Fundamental  Particles  in  This  Product  Are  Held
Together  by  a  "Gluing" Force About Which Little is Currently Known
and Whose Adhesive Power Can Therefore Not Be Permanently Guaranteed.