[U-Boot] NetRxPackets

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 18 22:28:58 CET 2011

Dear Marcel,

In message <201101182208.33651.korgull at home.nl> you wrote:

> > Anyone have an idea how NetRxPackets is allocated ?
>
> Nobody ?

Well,you're supposed to do some basic code reading yourself.

> req->buf = (u8 *) NetRxPackets[0];
>
> This is returning an non existing buffer for some reason and I know not much
> about the ethernet layer to fix this.

But you know how to use the search function in your favorite editor,
and tools like for example ctags or grep?

Hint: have a look at "net/net.c".

And note: as NetRxPackets[] is a static array I can't see how
NetRxPackets[0] should be a "non existing buffer".

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In C we had to code our own bugs, in C++ we can inherit them.