[U-Boot] U-boot Config Parameters on Compact Flash

Dach Miroslaw miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Thu Jan 20 12:43:53 CET 2011

Dear U-Boot Users,

I am using successfully U-boot for many years. So far I was dealing with the system which has the Flash memory on board.
The u-boot binary and u-boot config parameters were stored in Flash.

Currently I am dealing with the new board which has Xilinx Virtex05 chip (with built in powerPC) and Compact Flash instead of Flash memory chip. Compact Flash is interfaced with the system by means of System ACE "interface".

Compact Flash has few partitions (ie. FAT and EXT2).
Is it possible to configure u-boot to access (ie. read/write) u-boot parameters which are on Compact Flash as a file?

I will be grateful for any hint

Best Regards

Miroslaw Dach