[U-Boot] link error with uboot-2010-12

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jan 23 17:28:06 CET 2011

Dear xiao jizhong,

In message <AANLkTi=Y=ufgJd7DZKpD=jkYwC+DEhOjFwgzv75J-kcw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>    I am trying porting the latest uboot (u-boot-2010.12.tar.bz2) to my
> arm board.When coming to the link stage,I got a strange link
> error,following is the output,
> arm-linux-ld: cannot open cpu/sep4020/start.o: No such file or directory
> make: *** [u-boot] Error 1
> /home/uboot/u-boot-2010.12/board/zx/BoardOne/u-boot.lds  -pie
> $UNDEF_SYM arch/arm/cpu/sep4020/start.o

Well, there is neither a "sep4020" CPU in current mainline U-Boot, nor
is there some vendor directory "zx" nor a "BoardOne" board directory.
Actually, there is not even a "cpu/" directory in curent U-Boot - this
was dropped a long time ago.

> here we can see that path of start.o is :arch/arm/cpu/sep4020/
> so why the path has been changed into cup/sep4020 and arm-linux-ld
> give me an error "cannot open cpu/sep4020/start.o: No such file or
> directory?"

We cannot comment on the bugs in your out-of-tree port as we neverhad
a chance to review your changes.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Felson's Law:
	To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from
	many is research.