[U-Boot] Is somebody workin on getting the AT91SAM9G45EKES working on the latest build?

Alex Waterman awaterman at dawning.com
Fri Jul 1 15:15:12 CEST 2011

Bill,

On 06/30/2011 04:54 PM, William C. Landolina wrote:
> I start with Atmel's vanilla first stage boot from NAND.  I have a much hacked SDCard boot that works as well and that is where I want to head.  My target systems do not have NAND or Dataflash.  (I can put NAND on my boards for development but I do not want to ship with NAND.)
I see. I have not tried any of the MMC u-boot stuff for my board (a
sam9m10g45ek).

> I hacked the December release to work, but I know I did some things in the wrong places and in a style that is not Wolfgang-compatible.  I stopped working on improving the December release because it was clear that a lot of good things were happening to the MMC framework and the underlying AT91 framework was in flux so it seemed like a good idea to wait until that stabilized before I revisit putting a modern U-Boot on my boards "the right way".
Ahh, Wolfgang compatible :). I still haven't really figured out exactly what is
actually correct with the AT91 framework code yet. I just started playing with
this a few weeks ago. There was a patch a little which back which was the
reference implementation for the AT91 framework, but I could not find it when I
searched my mail box.

> I only have one bank of RAM on my custom target so I didn't test the second bank.  On my targets the other EBI interface runs a bunch of slow peripherals.
Ah, so dual RAM is no matter for you.

Which config header are you using? Naturally, I am using the sam9m10g45ek
header, but since you have a slightly different board, which doesn't
appear to have a header, how did you proceed?

Best regards,
Alex

--
Alex Waterman