[U-Boot] Q: NAND read/write: unaligned offset

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 20:38:40 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to read\write NAND from unaligned offset & length.
I saw Scott Wood patch in
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-August/076435.html for allowing
unaligned length, but I see that it still demands unaligned offset in write,
and also the patch added demand for unaligned offset in reading too.
My question: Should I wrap the call to
nand_read_skip_bad\nand_write_skip_bad to that I will call the function with
aligned offset and then retrieve the data parts which I am intereseted in
(for the write I should also wrap the data of start of page with
"FFFFF..."),
or Is there a way to patch nand_read_skip_bad\nand_write_skip_bad in a way
that I will be able to read\write from unaligned offset ?

Thank you very much for your time,

Ran