[U-Boot] Q: NAND read/write: unaligned offset

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 21:42:12 CEST 2011

> For writes, you'll need to do a read-modify-write sequence on the entire
> block, after you determine what the proper block is given prior
> block-skipping.  Or better, don't try to use this simplistic mechanism to
> do writes in the middle of a partition -- use something like ubi that was
> meant for this.
>
> -Scott

Hello Scott,

Thank you for the kind reply. Is it also possible instead of using
read-modify-write which you've suggested, just to call the
nand_write_skip_bad (the patch version) with 0xFFFF...  at the start of
partition, so that nand_write_skip_bad is given aligned offset & unaligned
length? As I undesratnd, an attempt to write "ff" in nand will result in no
change of data.

Best Regards,

Ran