[U-Boot] U-boot SPL direct Linux boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jul 3 22:37:02 CEST 2011

Dear Simon Schwarz,

In message <BANLkTimwHUopgQ4FLw4=ZmxYqHS1kH4kTA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I also thought about that. But I actually thought that FDT support for
> ARM isn't ready yet - although I saw much code for it while I worked
> on ATAGS. How is the FDT-state for ARM?
> If it is already usable I would be happy to adapt it. But if not I
> would prefer to stay with ATAGS (as I have a tight schedule for my BA
> thesis).

FDT support has been stable for some time on a (growing) number of
reference boards.  See Grant Likely's tree for reference.

Speaking just for us (DENX): we will probably not do any new ARM Linux
port without FDT support any more.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In my experience the best way to get something done  is to give it to
someone who is busy.               - Terry Pratchett, _Going_Postal_