[U-Boot] USB tty corrupted stream on Beagleboard xM.

javier Martin javier.martin at vista-silicon.com
Mon Jul 4 09:28:07 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am trying to get u-boot console out of USB OTG included in Beagleboard XM.
For that purpose I'm using u-boot v2011.03 compiled for "omap3_beagle".

I just boot my board and stop u-boot's booting process and enter the following:

setenv stdout usbtty; setenv stdin usbtty; setenv stderr usbtty

Then I connect my USB OTG cable and get a /dev/ttyACM0 device in my host PC.

However, while I am able to send commands, it seems the stream gets
corrupted. I've seen some people seeing the same issue before here
without response:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/99482

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Thank you.