[U-Boot] sending updated patch versions

Holger Brunck holger.brunck at keymile.com
Mon Jul 4 13:00:06 CEST 2011

Hi Wolfgang,
I have a short question about sending updated patch versions. I have read:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/U-Boot/Patches#Sending_updated_patch_versions

and I wonder if it is needed to update the history of *all* patches in a serie
even if for different specific patches nothing was changed. Or if it sufficient
if only the subject indicates the version number for such patches.

E.g patch serie where only 1 patch has changes requested, do I need to update
all other patches with the history:

"Changes for v2: - nothing"

In the past I did this, but I ask myself if this is really needed.

Please let me know what the rules are in such a case. I think the wiki page did
not describe what to do with unchanged but version updated patches.

Best regards
Holger