[U-Boot] Author search of git.denx.de does not work

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Jul 5 15:46:47 CEST 2011

Hi Timur,

> The following URL doesn't show anything:
>
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=author&s=Timur+Tabi
>
> No matter what I put after the "s=", I get nothing.  I think it should
> work, because this URL, which has the same search string, does work:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=author&s=Timur+Tabi

It's interesting that this is caused by the git version that we use on
our server.  When the "re" checkbox for regular expressions is not
checked, gitweb.cgi passes "--fixed-strings" to git for the search
operation.  Without knowing the details, I can only state that this
search is not successful on our server, whereas it is with latest git.

So in essence, we'll have to live with this problem, until we update git
on our servers.  As a workaround, you can use the "re" checkbox.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
["From 2.4 to 2.6 to 2.7" discussing release numbering of the Linux kernel]
Let the bike-shed-painting begin.