[U-Boot] U-Boot software debug tools ?

Bill Chan(詹益綸_ASR) Bill_Chan at asrock.com.tw
Thu Jul 7 06:27:45 CEST 2011

Dear Sir from U-Boot,

        This is Bill from Taiwan, we are currently working on a board that runs Freescale iMX53 CPU and using U-Boot as our bootloader.

        As we are moving into source codes and start reading start.S, we eagerly want to know what software tools do you use in implementing and debugging Stage1 assembly codes?

        Far as our experiences, we used to go with ADS1.2 to check r0~r15 status line by line;

        May you kindly let us know if there is a recommend to do so in Linux or Windows, thank you very much!

Regards

Bill Chan

ASRock Inc.

Tel: +886-2-2896-5588 ext.11737