[U-Boot] [POST] retrieving the results in Linux ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 7 18:52:18 CEST 2011

Dear Albert,

In message <4E15DCD4.7000608 at aribaud.net> you wrote:

> > The plan is to share the log buffer, in both directions: Linux can
> > read the POST results, and U-Boot can read the last Linux messages
> > after a crash / reboot.  Actually, after a reboot you can read the
> > last messages from the _previously_ running kernel in Linux, too
> > (assuming there are no wraparounds, of course).
>
> Even with wraparounds, you could still be able to read the last
> messages; only overwrites would prevent it.

Well, what I meant was: when the new kernel produces enough boot
messages to cause a wrap-around of the log buffer, then all traces of
the previous kernel's messages will be lost.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When a woman marries again it is because she detested her first  hus-
band.  When  a  man  marries again, it is because he adored his first
wife.                                                  -- Oscar Wilde