[U-Boot] U-Boot software debug tools ?

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Jul 7 19:19:47 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Bill Chan(詹益綸_ASR)
<Bill_Chan at asrock.com.tw>wrote:

> Dear Sir from U-Boot,
>

>        This is Bill from Taiwan, we are currently working on a board that
> runs Freescale iMX53 CPU and using U-Boot as our bootloader.
>
>        As we are moving into source codes and start reading start.S, we
> eagerly want to know what software tools do you use in implementing and
> debugging Stage1 assembly codes?
>
>        Far as our experiences, we used to go with ADS1.2 to check r0~r15
> status line by line;
>
>        May you kindly let us know if there is a recommend to do so in Linux
> or Windows, thank you very much!

Hi Bill,

You can use ARM's DSTREAM with DS-5 (bare metal version) or gdb. It is a
(much) newer version of ADS1.2 and Multi-ICE. It runs on Linux and Windows.

http://www.arm.com/about/newsroom/media-alert-arm-ds-5-supports-freescale-imx53-multimedia-applications-processors.php

Regards,
Simon