[U-Boot] cpu/arm926ejs/start.S question

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Jul 8 08:13:26 CEST 2011

On 07/08/2011 03:20 AM, Andre Renaud wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
> On 08/07/11 12:54, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>> Just to make sure I understand: you want to boot MX25 from internal
>> mode (from ROM), correct?

Hi Andre,

> Just out of interest, how does the imximage.cfg file work? I can't see
> any reference to that file in any of the build system, so how do you get
> it prepended to the image?

This is exactly the way we use to prepend an header for the i.MX
processors that it is automatically executed before start.S. The i.MX25
uses V1 version of the imximage, as the MX35 and MX51. However, there is
not yet MX25 boards in u-boot using this mechanism.
Of course, it works if (as it should be) the code you want to add has
the goal to write defined values and you cannot add any type of logic.
The syntax is very simple and accepts the format
You can check the imximage file for mx51/mx53 boards and as reference
the doc/README.imximage, as already stated by Fabio.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de