[U-Boot] [Question] [MMC] About the file load and booting command with MMC

馬克泡 macpaul at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:54:41 CEST 2011

HI all,

I have a question here maybe there is an answer, however, I just
didn't found it in documents and in wiki.

I have found that if I want to load a file from storage like USB
storage or IDE disks into memory,
we can do it by  commands "fatload <device> ... " or "ext2load <device> ... " .
These command will probe the device (USB/IDE) before they starting to
scan the file system.

However, if we want to load a file from SD/MMC cards, we have to
execute mmcinfo manually.
It seems fatload/ext2load didn't hook with mmcinfo or mmc rescan.
Do we have a plan to hook them together just like the behavior when we
access files from other
devices?
I guess this could made the booting behavior could be identical to
users or some kind of automatic
booting scripts.

Thanks.

Macpaul Lin