[U-Boot] cpu/arm926ejs/start.S question

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:00:41 CEST 2011

Hi Andre,

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:59 AM, Andre Renaud <andre at bluewatersys.com> wrote:
> I have basically got this working, but I have to put the final
> u-boot.imx image into the SPI flash at address 0x400, not the base (the
> image that I had essentially padded it out to 0x400). Is there any
> reason that imximage doesn't do this? As far as I can tell from the
> i.MX25 datasheet the image has a fixed offset, and there doesn't seem
> much point in not rolling this into the final image.

Actually the offset is not always 0x400. Please check Table 7-10 of MX25RM.

When booting from NOR and OneNAND the offset is 0x100.

So the current behaviour is fine as it allows the same u-boot.imx
image to be flashed on different boot media types by just adjusting
the proper offset.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam