[U-Boot] Ping command

smitha.vanga at wipro.com smitha.vanga at wipro.com
Fri Jul 15 06:00:55 CEST 2011

Hi Wolfgang ,

On my target board with MPC8247 is interfaced with the BCM5221 chip. Iam
using FCC 1 of the processor.
Had defined below in my board config file. Configured the BCM5221
control register with 0X3100.
Had set environment variables ipaddr, serverip, ethaddr ,netmask. When I
execute the PING
Command I get the following error

>ping 172.16.52.20
Using unknown device
ping failed; host 172.16.52.20 is not alive

Could you please give me any pointers for this problem?

#define CONFIG_ETHER_ON_FCC ,

#define CONFIG_ETHER_INDEX		1

#define CFG_PHY_ADDR

#define CFG_CMXFCR_VALUE		CMXFCR_TF1CS_CLK10
#define CFG_CMXFCR_MASK			(CMXFCR_FC1|CMXFCR_TF1CS_MSK)
/* Local Protect, Full duplex, Flowcontrol, RMII */
#define CFG_FCC_PSMR			(FCC_PSMR_LPB|FCC_PSMR_FDE|\
					 FCC_PSMR_FCE|FCC_PSMR_RMII)
/* bit-bang MII PHY management	*/
#define CONFIG_BITBANGMII

#define MDIO_PORT			1		/* Port A */
#define CFG_MDIO_PIN			0x00000100	/* PA23 */
#define CFG_MDC_PIN			0x00000200	/* PA22 */
#define MDIO_ACTIVE			(iop->pdir |=  CFG_MDIO_PIN)
#define MDIO_TRISTATE			(iop->pdir &= ~CFG_MDIO_PIN)
#define MDIO_READ			((iop->pdat &  CFG_MDIO_PIN) !=
0)
#define MDIO(bit)			if(bit) iop->pdat |=
CFG_MDIO_PIN; \
					else	iop->pdat &=
~CFG_MDIO_PIN
#define MDC(bit)			if(bit) iop->pdat |=