[U-Boot] eldk5.0 generate illegal instruction for at91rm9200

zzs zzs213 at 126.com
Sat Jul 16 10:05:55 CEST 2011

> Thanks again for the feedback.  I have documented this issue in the
> ELDK FAQ section:
>
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/QuestionsAndAnswers#GCC_generates_illegal_opcodes_fo

Yes. When using "USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes make my_board_name". It works
well. And the kernel works fine too because linux kernel has private libgcc
code too.

But when I examine the *.so files in eldk5.0, Almost all of them has
'clz' opcode. So if I use them in my aplication like busybox. It will
crash.

So I think the best way is to rebuild eldk5.0 for armv4. Did you tell
me how to configure eldk5.0 to build for armv4. And why eldk5.0 hasn't
a release for armv4, Is armv4 too old and has no value to support it?

--
Best Regards,
zzs