[U-Boot] Environment "image" tool

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sun Jul 17 07:19:07 CEST 2011

On 07/16/2011 04:31 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Alessio Sangalli,

> Just load the text file into U-Boot (for example using TFTP or reading
> from some file system) and use "env import -t" on it.

Hi Wolfgang!

Thanks this is a very interesting way but in this application it'd be
easier to just flash what is needed on the NAND, so that I won't need an
interactive session with U-Boot on the board.

I am writing a "flashing tool" for my NAND chip.

Is the format that U-Boot uses to write the environment "stable" or it
could change?

Thanks!
bye
as