[U-Boot] OMAP3 SPL: merge window question

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Mon Jul 18 14:11:50 CEST 2011

Hi Simon,

Le 18/07/2011 13:31, Simon Schwarz a écrit :
> Dear Albert Aribaud,

Just "Albert" is fine. :)

> On 18.07.11, Albert Aribaud wrote:
>> You mean you can release a patch before the end of the week, right?
>>
>> Personally, when a patch was initially submitted before the end of
>> the merge window, I will accept subsequent versions of it and apply
>> them even if they are submitted after the merge window has closed.
>
> The problem is that most of my old OMAP3 patch is obsoleted by Aneesh's
> OMAP4 patch (http://marc.info/?l=u-boot&m=131082102506002&w=2) and the new SPL-
> Framework (http://marc.info/?l=u-boot&m=131056990001719&w=2).
>
> Therefore most of my old patch will be invalid - and some new parts will be
> added. It will be a major change not just some corrections.

I am not bothered by the fact that after your initial submission,
another patch set was submitted that forces you to submit a rebased and
adapted patch set version.

What might bother *you*, however, is that ATM the SPL framework patches
are RFC, so they won't be applied as such, and Aneesh's OMAP4 patches
are not applied yet. And you need those patches applied for yours to be.

But if it *does* happen, I am fine with it. :)

Amicalement,
--
Albert.