[U-Boot] [STATUS] Merge Window closed - ARM board removal on the way

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 18 14:25:50 CEST 2011

Hi all,

this to remind you that the merge window for the next release
(v2011.09) was closed on Sun Jul 17, 2011.

Release "v2011.09" is scheduled in 48 days - on September 04, 2011.

You may - or may not - have noticed that I posted a larger patch set
to remove all support for broken ARM boards that have not been
maintained / fixed for many months.

I want to have this stuff cleaned up quickly so these build issues
will be fixed for -rc1 which I would like to get out by the ond of
this month. Given the typical review period you must react basicly
immediately if you want to prevent the pending removal.

Please note that there is still a large number of non-compiling AT91
based boards; I may send another batch of removal patches - depending
if we receive any input / comments / fixes from Reinhard.

All this has been announced months ago, and warnings were repeated a
number of times, so please don't complain now if we follow through
with the board removal,  and don't expect any additional grace
periods.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When a program is being  tested,  it  is  too  late  to  make  design
changes.                  -- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"