[U-Boot] Flat tree structure dts file

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 19 13:07:12 CEST 2011

Dear smitha.vanga at wipro.com,

In message <07ACDFB8ECA8EF47863A613BC01BBB22032BD0CA at HYD-MKD-MBX02.wipro.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to port WindRiver linux 2.6.21 on to mpc8247 custom board.
> Does for mpc8260 core is there support for
> CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE .
> How do I supply the device tree structure to the kernel. Do I need to do
> this in the u-boot?
> If yes how do I do?

In the first step, you should update your Linux kenrel code base.
Version 2.6.21 is about 20 releases behind (more than 4 years).
It makes absolutely no sense to invest any efforts in such old code.
Please do your self (and us) a favour and grab the recent kernel code
instead.  Device Tree support will then just fall in place.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?