[U-Boot] i.MX51: FEC: Cache coherency problem?

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Tue Jul 19 14:10:48 CEST 2011

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 13:20:26 +0200
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear David Jander,
>
> In message <20110719131744.403a81e6 at archvile> you wrote:
> >
> > Now I finally know what's wrong and am working on a proposed fix to make
> > this one driver cache-aware.
>
> I would just like to point out that these efforts are highly
> appreciated!

Thanks.
I'll try my best, but I am running out of time, and it is still not as it
should. I still have trouble identifying the right place where receive buffer
descriptors should be cache-invalidated. At one point, a magic
flush_dcache_all() at a certain place in code made it work, but that can't be
entirely correct, and if I replace it with only the necessary ranges, it
doesn't work correctly anymore, so I guess this flush is also invalidating
something I need elsewhere :-(
I keep searching.... through the IMO fairly convoluted network code.

David Jander
Protonic Holland.