[U-Boot] ARM POST Tests.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 20 14:20:55 CEST 2011

Dear Valentin Longchamp,

In message <4E26B523.3070609 at keymile.com> you wrote:

> I have done a little bit of profiling this morning, and the main culprit is the
> call to getenv_f in post_get_flags for the four environment variables:
>
> "post_poweron", "post_normal", "post_slowtest" "post_critical"
>
> This is extremly slow on my system (before relocation). The goal of these env

Are you by chance reading the environment from I2C attached EEPROM or
so?  This is indeed a speed killer.

> variables is, I guess, to define the name of the tests that have to be run for
> each post level, right ? Is this the only way to define which tests are to be run ?

To define the tests to be run, and the reaction that is needed if a
test fails.

If your environment accesses are so slow, you should fix that anyway.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
                                                          - Bob Dylan