[U-Boot] ARM POST Tests.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 20 15:15:17 CEST 2011

Dear Valentin Longchamp,

In message <4E26CAD9.3090204 at keymile.com> you wrote:

> We are currently planning to move away from I2C EEPROM for environment (for
> future hardware), but what would you advise me to do for our current hardware
> where the environment is in this EEPROM ?

This depends on the specific features of your hardware.2s

Eventually you can increase the I2C clock.

Or use a h/w I2C driver instead of the soft-I2C driver.

Eventually you have plenty of memory that is available early (say,
several MB of L2 cache or so :-) and you can read the whole
environment into "RAM" in one rush.

Except for that there is little we can do. I2C is a PITA, also
reliability-wise.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
	-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9