[U-Boot] u-boot using UART1

Nick Thompson nick.thompson at ge.com
Fri Jul 22 10:22:01 CEST 2011

Don,

Please ask u-boot questions on the u-boot mailing list.

On 22/07/11 01:03, Don McCune wrote:

> We are bringing up a board based on the OMAPL137 processor.  The board is similar to the Spectrum Digital Evm board; however it has used UART2 for something else, so we need to make UAR1 the console line for u-boot.  Could you tell us how to modify u-boot to use UART1 for its console?

$ grep UART include/configs/da830evm.h
#define CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_COM1 DAVINCI_UART2_BASE /* Base address of UART2 */
#define CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_CLK  clk_get(DAVINCI_UART2_CLKID)
#define CONFIG_CONS_INDEX       1               /* use UART0 for console */

Just change DAVINCI_UART2_BASE to DAVINCI_UART1_BASE.

(and make sure your boot loader enables the pinmux for UART1)

> Please reply-to-all with any questions or answers.  If you wish to contact us directly, please call Tim Orling at 805 269 0767.
>

> Thank you.
>

> Regards,
>
> Don McCune

Nick.