[U-Boot] preloader_console_init()

V, Aneesh aneesh at ti.com
Wed Jul 27 16:39:10 CEST 2011

Hi Simon,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Simon Schwarz
<simonschwarzcor at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Aneesh,
>
> I'am nearly done with OMAP3 - I think I can release the patch today.
>
> I have just one problem left:
> You implemented preloader_console_init() in omap-common to call
> setup_clocks_for_console(). This is a OMAP4 specific call - OMAP3 only has
> per_clocks_init() - which inits a bunch of clocks.

Sorry. I was on a short travel and didn't have mail access for a couple of days.

The idea was to enable the console at the earliest, even before prcm_init().
If OMAP3 doesn't need this I would suggest moving setup_clocks_for_console()
call to s_init() in omap4/board.c

BTW, how did you fix this in your patches fianlly?

br,
Aneesh