[U-Boot] [STATUS] v2011.06 release, Merge Window is OPEN

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Tue Jun 28 17:24:16 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> - The cleanup after the reorganization of the ARM code has not been
>   completed yet. At the moment, approapprox, 100+ ARM boards are
>   *broken* and *do not compile*.
>
>   Board maintainers or other interested parties are requested to
>   adapt their boards within the current merge window. All boards that
>   have not been fixed within the first week of the merge window are
>   considered unmaintained and without interest to the community and
>   will be removed.

 It's funny how this reminds me of package build failures in Debian; in
 such cases, we start by publishing the list of affected packages
 ideally with links to build logs and the name of corresponding
 maintainers.  After a while, we actually start Cc:ing the maintainers
 or filing bug reports against each failing package.

 Would it make sense to publish such a list of broken boards and
 corresponding maintainers?  (Maybe some makeall + scripts magic?)

 This is a sample list of Debian packages not declaring the upstream
 "Homepage" properly:

Loïc Minier