[U-Boot] Understanding a BDI U-boot issue

Sinan Akman sinan at writeme.com
Sat Mar 12 01:31:39 CET 2011

Charles Krinke wrote:
> I have inherited a MPC8323ERDB project and when I connect my BDI to it, I
> get to this point when the target is turned on.
>
> CPU:   e300c2, MPC8323E, Rev: 1.1 at 333.333 MHz, CSB: 133.333 MHz
> Econolite Control Products ASC/4I2C:   ready
> DRAM:  64 MB
> FLASH: 16 MB
>
> With the BDI, when I issue its "go" command, I dont see anything else come
> out  on the serial port.

   Charles

   "GO" is not the right command here. If you have the u-boot
image already on the flash you would issue a boot, but you
have to have your config setup properly as well, in a way
that, it won't interface with what u-boot expects while still
making sure some stuff is taken care, e.g. watchdog is turned
of etc.

   This might be somewhat off topic here. If you need more info
contact me directly if you like or contact whoever sold
the BDO to you for support.

   -- sinan