[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Pull request u-boot-mpc85xx.git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 2 19:05:42 CEST 2011

Dear Tabi Timur-B04825,

In message <BANLkTimz0ifsCmF9oo-Q_9Sv9wC0rQtMQQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> How?  Patchwork uses the same subject line as the email.  There's
> still the problem of trying to correlate the actual commit to the
> entry in patchwork.
>
> On the other hand, I don't know of any good way to correct a patch's
> subject line without having the patch re-submitted to the mailing
> list.

It's possible to match a patch based on it's content.

For example, you can use something like

	HASH=$(/home/wd/bin/pwparser.py --hash <$MBOX)
	pwclient apply -h $HASH
	pwclient update -s 'Accepted' -h $HASH

[error checking omitted here]

to apply and update the status of a patch in PW.  So you can of course
find out which patch it was based on the hash, which depends on the
content, not the subject.

But this is way too expensive and time consuming for regular work.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Q:  Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?
A:  To prevent the sensible ones from going home.