[U-Boot] SPL support and secondary image size

Aneesh V aneesh at ti.com
Fri Nov 4 03:11:45 CET 2011

Hi Jon,

On Friday 04 November 2011 04:30 AM, Scott Wood wrote:
> On 11/03/2011 05:20 PM, jonsmirl at gmail.com wrote:

Looks like I am not seeing some mails in this thread. I didn't get your
first mail, neither Tom Rini's mails.

>> My primary SPL image needs the size of the secondary image built into
>> it. How do I access that size while building the primary SPL image?

For OMAP we find this run-time by loading u-boot.img instead of
u-boot.bin. u-boot.img has a 64 byte header with all necessary
information such as size, load address, image type etc. The OMAP SPL
can in fact load any image that has a standard u-boot header(mkimage
header), including a uImage. This scheme was suggested by Wolfgang.