[U-Boot] nds32: toolchains for building ?

Macpaul Lin macpaul at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 18:01:46 CET 2011

Hi Mike,

2011/11/11 Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org>:
> On Thursday 10 November 2011 01:22:10 Macpaul Lin wrote:
>> The toolchain binaries are available at the following url.
>> http://osdk.andestech.com/pre-release.html
>
> awesome !
>
>> The latest toolchain version is gcc 4.5 built on 2011.07.
>> Which you can downloaded is gcc 4.5 built on 2011.02
>
> what's the difference between v0 v1 v1f ?
> -mike

It should be described in detail in the README, however,
the v0 toolchain will be phased out in recent.
So it becomes not so important. XD

The version numbers v0, v1, v1f, v2, v2f, v3, and v3m are meant to
instruction set (ISA) versions.
Currently, the first SoC ag101 can be adapted with v0 toolchain only.
The second SoC is soft core ag101p, which can run the most compatible
v1 instruction sets.
While v1f means v1 ISA + floating point ISA.
Other details of v2 and v3 ISA should be able to be found though url
http://www.andestech.com/

However, I don't know where exactly url of the document is. :p
Please use v0 toolchain to play with adp-ag101 board.
Although you can use v1 toolchain to build the binary for ag101 SoC,
it couldn't be booted up.
For the backward compatibility, of course, you can use v0 and v1
toolchain to build binary for ag101p SoC.
Both of the binaries could run correctly.

Macpaul Lin