[U-Boot] ppc -Os and _restgpr_##_x errors

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 10 19:28:18 CET 2011

Dear Felix Radensky,

In message <4EBBF502.40702 at embedded-sol.com> you wrote:

> On 11/10/2011 05:45 PM, Felix Radensky wrote:
> > No, we should not.  You should switch to a compiler version where this
> > problem has been fixed.  See second entry at
> > http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/GccBugsAndIssues
>
> It is not clear from the link above which GCC version solves the problem.
> Is it 4.5.3 ?

I don't know when exactly the fixes were added.  None of the 4.5.x
versions worked for me, and I'm not even sure about 4.6.0.  It is
fixed in the 4.6.1 that comes with Yocto 1.1 or ELDK 5.1.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In the realm of scientific observation, luck is granted only to those
who are prepared.                                     - Louis Pasteur