[U-Boot] Warning Bad crc using default environment.

Nisha gunasekaran nishstp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 07:36:11 CET 2011

I am using u-boot-2011.03 on MPC8379E processor board. While booting i got
"Warning bad crc using default enviroment" message.   As per your site
information, i have given "saveenv" command and reset the board. Still i
got the same message. Board is having 32MB Flash. Flash base address is
0xfe000000. I dont know what is the problem, as far as i know the crc is
going wrong.

My configuration for environment is

#define CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_FLASH	1

#define CONFIG_ENV_ADDR		0xfff06000

#define CONFIG_ENV_SECT_SIZE	0x20000

#define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE         0x2000

and my TEXT_BASE is 0xFFF00000 and using 0xfff00000-0xfff5ffff for U-boot

How to solve this problem. Help me.